Dudley CVS led on co-ordinating the community response to COVID-19 in Dudley borough, working with existing voluntary and community groups and the volunteer centre and connecting people that need support to assets in their local community.
We worked in partnership with DMBC Public Health, Dudley Council, West Midlands Police (Dudley borough), the Fire Service and the NHS.
Dudley CVS is the registered body for the voluntary, community and faith sector support across Dudley borough. Dudley CVS is a registered charity (no. 517766) and has been running for over 40 years.
- Co-ordinated community action – The Dudley borough is well blessed with active voluntary, community and faith-based organisations and volunteers that developed plans to support vulnerable people in localities. There was an additional groundswell of local people wanting to play a role in supporting COVID-19 efforts. Dudley CVS harnessed this support in a safe and effective manner ensuring efforts were well co-ordinated and duplication was minimised.
- Established six new virtual COVID-19 Support Networks, one in each of the following localities. Sedgley, Coseley and Gornal, Dudley and Netherton, Kingswinford and Amblecote, Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, Wollescote and Lye and Halesowen and Quarry Bank. Working in partnership with colleagues from Dudley MBC, the Police, voluntary sector organisations and groups, Fire Service, NHS and other colleagues to mobilise sector support for vulnerable and excluded groups.
- Provided information and key messages to local voluntary, community and faith based organisations about COVID-19 to understand what assistance they needed to continue to provide support particularly to vulnerable groups.
- Engaged with the sector to support business continuity.
- Explored with the sector, how it can provide new support to vulnerable adults that needed to self-isolate or who were stressed and anxious about COVID-19
- Worked with the voluntary and community sector to explore opportunities for the provision of child care for school-aged children whose parents provide essential public services
- Supported residents in Dudley borough – shared public health information to help keep residents informed of the ongoing and fast-moving situation.
- Health and Adult Social Care Scrutiny Committee 15th October 2020 Report from Dudley CVS: Community response to the Covid-19 pandemic
- The COVID-19 Pandemic – A community response in Dudley borough – This report has been compiled by Healthwatch Dudley for Dudley CVS
Listen to our Chief Officer, Andy Gray, and deputy, Kate Green, at the beginning of the pandemic talking about COVID-19 Community Action and Support in Dudley Borough on Black Country Radio:
Looking to help with local COVID-19 efforts?
Could you as an individual or your group/organisation help to support local vulnerable people?
Voluntary organisation & community group INFORMATION & ADVICE
Information and guidance for your organisation including, keeping healthy and safe, where to look for information on charity finance and fundraising, managing your organisation, local updates and useful resources.
INFORMATION FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
The symptoms of COVID-19 and how to keep yourself and those around you healthy and safe.