We’re building a library of downloadable resources to help not-for-profits:
- Checklist for Covid-19 Volunteer-Involving Groups
- Sample Lone working policy
- Confidentiality Agreement for Volunteers
- Information for support visits
- Community Centre Covid-19 Opening Guidance
Beacon Centre has shared some of its guidance for telephone befrienders, which might be useful for your group
- Telephone befriender role description – BEACON CENTRE
- Telephone Befriending – Guidelines – BEACON CENTRE
- Telephone Befriending General Training Information – BEACON CENTRE
- Befriending Techniques Training – BEACON CENTRE
- Problem and solution guidance for befrienders – BEACON CENTRE
- Dudley Council has produced an information booklet on staying safe and well during the coronavirus outbreak. The booklet is aimed at vulnerable people that are at higher risk of illness if they get the virus, identified by Public Health England as people aged 70 or more, anyone living with a long term health problem and pregnant women, although some of the practical information might be useful for others too. The booklet helps people to understand the current public health advice, practical tips on staying well at home and where to get help locally: http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?EID=00d6588e-e91d-4b9e-a278-ebf19e302a64
Information suitable for children and young People
- A free information book explaining coronavirus to children, illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler: https://nosycrow.com/blog/released-today-free-information-book-explaining-coronavirus-children-illustrated-gruffalo-illustrator-axel-scheffler/
More public information materials can be downloaded from Public Health England at: https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/resources/campaigns/101/resources/5016
Encouraging neighbourly behaviour
There are ways you can help the most vulnerable in our society while practicing social distancing and mitigating the spread of Covid-19. Have you seen this lovely example? A viral kindness card that you can download and use to offer help to your neighbours bit.ly/3da0sXc
Eden Project, TNL, Neighbourhood Watch and others infographic
Eden Project Communities have joined forces with leaders from different sectors to launch the Community Action Response to encourage everyone to do what they can to support their communities, and particularly vulnerable and isolated people during the Covid-19 crisis.
Subscribe to our e-bulletin for latest Covid-19 updates
Looking to help with local COVID-19 efforts?
Could you as an individual or your group/organisation help to support local vulnerable people?
COVID-19 COMMUNITY ACTION AND SUPPORT
Co-ordinating community response to COVID-19 in Dudley borough.
INFORMATION FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
The symptoms of COVID-19 and how to keep yourself and those around you healthy and safe.