We are building resources to help not-for-profits. This list includes emergency grant funding and links to official help and guidance. It will be updated regularly as the situation is rapidly changing. Please find latest updates on our news page Covid-19: Help for not-for-profits. We’ll also share updates on Dudley CVS’s Twitter and Facebook pages.
Dudley CVS group support staff will still be on hand for email and remote conversations to offer support. If you need to get in touch, please email email@example.com and your email will be directed to the most appropriate member of staff. We ask that you bear with us while we work to co-ordinate the community response to Covid-19, so it may take some time to get back to you.
What can voluntary and community organisations in Dudley Borough do to prepare for Coronavirus?
At this stage, one of the most useful things that organisations can do is to think about how their organisation will cope if a high proportion of their staff or volunteers become ill or unavailable at the same time, and what steps you might take to avoid this happening. Many of these steps involve reducing the time people spend together in order to reduce the chances of Coronavirus spreading between them (and affecting a lot of the people you work with at the same time).
Remember that people may be unable to work even if they have not become ill themselves – it could be, for example, because schools have closed and people need to stay at home to care for their children or grandchildren.
Voluntary organisations and community groups may find useful information on the government’s webpage for businesses and voluntary sector organisations. Some of the information will also be relevant to smaller community groups and to volunteers as well as staff. This includes information on when employees should stay away from work, how to respond to employees who need to take time off work, and how to clean premises after someone develops Coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
Taking on volunteers to support during the Covid-19 outbreak
We’re building a library of downloadable resources to help not-for-profits:
- Checklist for Covid-19 Volunteer-Involving Groups
- Sample Lone working policy
- Confidentiality Agreement for Volunteers
Keeping your volunteers safe
- A quick guide – Run community volunteering safely for organisations [Volunteering Matters}
- Car Insurance and Volunteers
- Information for home visit support updated 30-03-2020
- Risk Assessment Template [Volunteering Matters]
- Safeguarding and DBS Factsheet – Frequently Asked Questions
- Safeguarding Factsheet – Community volunteers during COVID-19 outbreak
- Staying safe when volunteering – a guide to safeguarding for volunteers [Volunteering Matters}
- MoneySavingExpert Martin Lewis has announced he will release £1million for small registered charities to apply for grants of £5,000-£25,000 for Covid-19 poverty relief. Deadline is Wednesday 25 March at 11.59pm.
- Charity Finance Group general information: https://cfg.org.uk/coronavirus_guide
- Institute of Fundraising information: https://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/news/information-for-fundraisers-about-coronavirus/
Funders supporting not-for-profits during the Coronavirus pandemic can be found here: http://dudleycvsreview.org/covid-19-funding/
Health and Care
- The government advice for social and community care providers may be useful to a number of voluntary sector organisations and community groups: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-social-or-community-care-and-residential-settings-on-covid-19
- The full list of government guidance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Managing your organisation
- NCVO has published guidance for not-for-profits on a whole range of topics such as sick leave, protecting staff and volunteers, holding events, supporting beneficiaries, finance and business continuity. The page will be regularly updated: https://www.ncvo.org.uk/practical-support/information/coronavirus
- Acas employment advice: https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus
- Business continuity planning for charities and voluntary organisations from the Charity Finance Group: https://www.cfg.org.uk/covid19_what_planning_should_charities_be_undertaking
- Eventbrite has produced guidance on holding, postponing and cancelling events
Where to find posters and resources for your place of work or community venue
Public information materials can be downloaded from Public Health England at: https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/resources/campaigns/101/resources/5016
- Information from Dudley Council including council statements, useful videos and travel advice con be found here: https://www.dudley.gov.uk/council-community/emergencies/coronavirus-advice/
- Latest updates from Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust: http://www.dgft.nhs.uk/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-advice/
Looking to help with local COVID-19 efforts?
Could you as an individual or your group/organisation help to support local vulnerable people?
COVID-19 COMMUNITY ACTION AND SUPPORT
Co-ordinating community response to COVID-19 in Dudley borough.
INFORMATION FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
The symptoms of COVID-19 and how to keep yourself and those around you healthy and safe.